Rechercher dans ce blog

mardi 20 décembre 2011

The Christmas message!

I am so sorry to not have been here for a long time but what with work through the summer and then wanting to concentrate a bit on the kids once the season was over. But I have decided I must get back to it!

I was thinking that this is a brilliant time of year to cook with your kids. Really anytime is good but chritmas gives us a real excuse, making the christmas cake or mince pies or even the cookies/biscuits to leave out for Santa!

Just yesterday me and my two eldest experimented with making some cookies and some shortbread they really loved it and want to do some more to leave out on christmas eve! Thats because they were so yummy we munched them all for our gouter!! Naughty us!

The thing is for me it really doesn't matter what you are doing the kids really just want to spend the time with you but at this time of year we are busy preparing for the upcoming festivities so why not let them join in and help. I remember I was happy to sit there chopping the veggies to help out on chrismas day singing along to the Carol service or whatever was playing on the radio. We were all there in the kitchen and it was fun because we were working as a family, and I am sure it tasted better because of it!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire