Rechercher dans ce blog

samedi 13 août 2011

Getting the veggies in!

I always wondered how other mums did it? How do they get their kids to eat vegetables? Suddenly it dawned on me you have to be inventive. I personally mix it with the food so they don't notice them or I cook them in such a way that they actually taste good. For example the french way of cooking "haricots vert" is simply delicious and my children adore "Mamie Girard's" haricot vert. You cook them in a pan with melted butter some garlic and lardons, thats it very simple really. Peas and carrots I mash with my potatoes.
You need to get thinking, what does my child like to eat? and if you can disguise the vegetables in it. Try different ways of cooking the vegetables, maybe with the child aswell as I have stated before if tghey have cooked it they are more likely to eat it.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire